Marketing materials that you put out into the world aren’t just a great way to introduce a new product or service to your target audience. If done properly, they can also be an invaluable way to create a huge amount of buzz and anticipation surrounding an upcoming product or service launch. That can then translate into increased sales when it is eventually ready for release. By keeping just a few, key things in mind, you can use hype to your advantage and build the type of momentum that most businesses can only dream of.
Sara was excited. Her grandmother had just given her the recipe for her famous peanut butter cookies, and she could not wait to make them for her friends at school. She had never been much of a cook, but she figured that with the recipe she should be ok. After all, how hard could it be?
Like any business, you probably use a wide range of marketing materials in an attempt to spread your message far and wide.
Even though you rely heavily on the print techniques that have worked so well in the past, you’ve probably also branched out into the wonderful world of social media and digital marketing.
If your organization is looking for unique ways to attract prospects and increase sales, here are a few creative discount and coupon ideas to consider:
- Try a BOGO campaign. In addition to the typical “buy one, get one free,” BOGO can have many creative variations. For example, consider “buy one, get one free on your next visit,” or “buy one, get one half off.”
- Offer the best of both worlds with a coupon such as: “$15 off or 15% off, whichever is higher.” This will also encourage customers to buy more to save more.
- Provide a certificate in lieu of coupons, such as a $10 certificate valid on a $50 purchase.
- Consider offering a bonus item to increase the value of your coupon and compete with your competition without actually lowering the price. For example, receive a free XX with any purchase.
- Create a reusable discount card that provides a specific discount (such as 10 percent off) every time they visit.
- Provide free delivery or free shipping to make the buying process easier.
- Create a “Friends and Family” discount and encourage employees to distribute these coupons. Reward the employee that has the most coupons redeemed each month.
- Offer exclusive discounts to various target audiences, such as senior citizens, students, veterans, teachers, nurses, etc.
- Offer incremental percentage off amounts based on what the customer spends, such as save 30% on $100 or more, save 20% on $50 or more, or save 10% on $25 or more
- Use easy to remember coupon codes like SUMMER rather than X6FHX20CVEK2 to make it easy to use during online checkouts.
If you’d like help creating the perfect coupon or certificate, contact us or stop by today!