Direct mail remains one of the most affordable and most effective forms of advertising. Here are a few tips to increase the responsiveness of your recipients:
- Consider postcard mailings, which are not only inexpensive, but don’t require opening an envelope, which often increases the chances it will be read.
- Build front of mind awareness by not only mailing regularly, but also by ensuring your mailings are relevant and interesting.
- Consider including coupons, such as a tear away coupon, statement stuffer insert, or a postcard designed as a coupon.
- Create a community effort, such as promoting a sale with 50% of proceeds benefiting a local charity.
- Highlight top customers by including testimonials and success stories that talk about ways your product benefits their business.
- Host a private customer appreciation sale that offers loyal customers an additional discount as well as a chance to buy at sale prices before the public.
- Send a fun and informative monthly newsletter that features new products, industry tips and trick, upcoming sales, etc.
- Create a monthly contest encouraging recipients to play along and look forward to seeing the winner in the next mailing.
- Send a thank you for a customer’s previous business and offer a future discount or coupons that are too good to ignore, such as “use this coupon anytime during December to receive 50% off any one item!”
- Offer reminders, such as including reorder forms in packages or sending a friendly reorder reminder prompt to order additional supplies before items run out.
- Include a postage paid return to increase response rates by eight percent or more.
If you need help creating the’ perfect direct mail campaign that not only increases awareness of your business but also boosts sales, give us a call today!
Call us at 215-721-8500 – someone nice will always answer!
#WhyPrintworks #marketing #directmail