Artists have long sought ways to convey motion and the passage of time within a static, two dimensional space. Implied motion can transform an otherwise uninteresting design into a far more dynamic expression that catches the consumer’s eye. Here are just a few examples of how you can incorporate implied motion into a two-dimensional design:
As I wake today to a dreary morning, I greet the family with my usual sleepy eyes and stumble to the coffee pot for the first cup of the day.
The one constant to every morning is the greeting I receive from our two shih-tzus, Britta and Dylan. If dogs could smile, these guys would be BEAMING!
Deep freeze temperatures. Mammoth snowstorms. Freezing rain. Downed trees and branches. Power outages that last days. And then it all happens all over again.
This is Snowmageddon! One of the worst winters not only in the Northeast but for a good portion of the country.
In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, we often lose sight of the “Spreading the Joy & Cheer” part.
Here’s a quick top ten list to help you do just that:
- Have a little fun at your own expense… start here http://www.elfyourself.com/ and share it with your family, friends and coworkers!
- Pack the kids in the car with some hot chocolate and snacks and drive around looking at Christmas lights singing Christmas carols at the tops of your lungs!
- Reach out to an old friend and let them know how important they are to you.
- Learn how to take amazing Christmas Lights pictures! Check out this site http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/12/how-to-photograph-christmas-lights.html and don’t for get to share your amazing pics!
- Invite the neighbors, start a fire, dust off that old guitar and have a sing-along! This page will help you find Christmas carols lyrics and guitar chords, Christmas song guitar tabs, and Christmas song lyrics for your favorite holiday carols. http://guitar.about.com/library/blchristmassongmenu.htm
- Anonomously help a family you know have an easier time this Christmas by sending a meal or paying their lay-away bill.
- Engage your kids in a snowball fight… and make sure they win!
- Banish Negativity and Pessimism from infiltrating your thoughts and look for the positive in every situation… it’s there, if you look hard enough!
- Encourage someone, make them feel empowered to achieve what they’re after and leave them feeling important… because they ARE.
- Take some time to remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas, then take some time to share the story with someone else. http://www.whychristmas.com/story/birth.shtml
We hope that you’ll find a little inspiration in these ideas. Reply to our blog post and let us know what YOU do to Spread Joy & Cheer!