With the new year upon us, it’s time again to consider resolutions for the coming year. Unfortunately, most of us have a far easier time making resolutions than keeping them. Genuine lifestyle changes are difficult to achieve. If you’re planning to make radical shifts in your daily life, consider the following:
Over the past few years, Netflix has revolutionized how people think about television and movies. As people have become increasingly disenchanted with cable options and the price of TV, Netflix has risen to become a major entertainment provider. Recently, the service has even begun producing movies and shows of its own. Whether you subscribe to Netflix yourself or know someone who does, here are some valuable Netflix-inspired lessons to consider for your company.
When you send projects to PrintWorks, we will gladly walk you through the printing process step-by-step. But here are a few helpful tips to help ensure your next printing project is a success:
- Before you begin, give us details about your project so we can give you a cost estimate. Include quantity, paper stock, size, color, binding, folding, trimming, deadlines, etc.
- Discuss what types of files are preferred, such as a PDF or a packaged InDesign file.
- Determine your color model. For example, will you want full-color (all colors), one color (everything in one color, typically black), spot color (black plus one accent color), etc.
- When it comes to printing, “haste makes waste.” Take time to proof for typos, wrong dates, incorrect phone numbers, etc. Encourage several people to proof before submitting to be printed.
- Discuss and plan for final sizes, remembering that your document may need to be printed oversized to allow room for bleeds.
- Since we can often print multiple documents on oversized sheets of paper, always set your publication size the size of your final product, not the paper you plan to print it on. If you want your document to print to the edge of the paper, remember to set a bleed which extends off the page.
- Ensure that images have enough resolution to print successfully – typically 300 pixels per inch (ppi). While graphics can have a higher resolution (up to 800 ppi) they should not be lower than 300 ppi. If you are unsure, send them to us to confirm.
- Keep in mind that for shorter runs, digital printing may cost less, allow personalization and require less complicated pre-press. However, digital is not suitable for all printing jobs, especially those that require Pantone color matches or certain types of paper.
- When printing envelopes, remember standard envelopes can save a lot of time and money.
- If you anticipate needing more identical print pieces in the future, order them now. The more you print, the less it costs per piece.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions about an upcoming print project. Remember, our team will do everything we can to help make the printing process as simple as possible for your business.
Direct mail remains one of the most affordable and most effective forms of advertising. Here are a few tips to increase the responsiveness of your recipients:
- Consider postcard mailings, which are not only inexpensive, but don’t require opening an envelope, which often increases the chances it will be read.
- Build front of mind awareness by not only mailing regularly, but also by ensuring your mailings are relevant and interesting.
- Consider including coupons, such as a tear away coupon, statement stuffer insert, or a postcard designed as a coupon.
- Create a community effort, such as promoting a sale with 50% of proceeds benefiting a local charity.
- Highlight top customers by including testimonials and success stories that talk about ways your product benefits their business.
- Host a private customer appreciation sale that offers loyal customers an additional discount as well as a chance to buy at sale prices before the public.
- Send a fun and informative monthly newsletter that features new products, industry tips and trick, upcoming sales, etc.
- Create a monthly contest encouraging recipients to play along and look forward to seeing the winner in the next mailing.
- Send a thank you for a customer’s previous business and offer a future discount or coupons that are too good to ignore, such as “use this coupon anytime during December to receive 50% off any one item!”
- Offer reminders, such as including reorder forms in packages or sending a friendly reorder reminder prompt to order additional supplies before items run out.
- Include a postage paid return to increase response rates by eight percent or more.
If you need help creating the’ perfect direct mail campaign that not only increases awareness of your business but also boosts sales, give us a call today!
The Great Gatsby is considered an American classic. Its recent film adaptation starring Leonardo DiCaprio has only increased its popularity. Few students in North America made it through high school without reading the book, and the film only helped to bring the images of decadence to life.